Type of BusinessHotels & Resorts
Who We Are
We offer a comprehensive set of HR services: from staffing, training and coaching to strategic workforce planning in hotels and restaurants of high standards, both in Greece and abroad.
What is it that makes us stand out? The placement and training of employees in a working environment that #protects, #guides and #inspires each person’s development. We are the “wise step” for a career in Hospitality and Catering. We are Stepwise!
As a Waiter/Waitress you welcome customers, take orders, provide guidance or clarifications regarding the menu, execute orders and serve in a professional manner. Your goal is to achieve excellent customer service: this is why, in cooperation with Management, you ensure the timely resolution of any issues or complaints. You also keep the tables and auxiliary infrastructure neat and clean throughout the customers’ stay in the dining areas, especially their table. You use your knowledge and your polite manner to promote the consumption of certain dishes or drinks included in the menu (upselling). You work with the Kitchen employees and/or the Restaurant Supervisor, Sommelier etc.
Professional qualifications & special skills
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel or high-end restaurant
- Excellent oral and written command of English and Greek. Do you know a second foreign language? This is a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of numeracy and financial calculations, POS
- Excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene regulations (HACCP)
- Well-organized work and a constantly alert mentality
- Multitasking and powerful memorization
- Ability to identify customer problems and/or complaints and effectively resolve them in collaboration with Management.
Your personality is an asset. When determining employee selection criteria, Stepwise HR specialists use elements of your personality that complement your professional skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Good-natured acceptance of feedback by management or colleagues and creative utilisation of the relevant remarks or information
- Communicative, cheerful character
- Active listening
- Work ethics
And if you get the job? What will you have to do?
If you are selected for an interview, you will be fully informed of your duties through the detailed Job Description that we will share with you.
What are the rewards?
- The most rewarding remuneration possible
- Excellent accommodation & food conditions
- Provision of rest days (days off)
- We place you in a dynamic, friendly and supportive work environment
- We ensure your ongoing training
- Do not forget! with your application you become a member of the great community of Stepwise.
What about the contract?
This specific job involves a seasonal contract.
Stepwise strictly applies a non-discrimination, transparent policy as regards candidate selection. Regardless of your colour, race, origin, gender, age or sexual orientation, we urge you to submit your CV for this job position.