LocationAthens - Santorini
Type of BusinessHotels & Resorts
Who We Are
We offer a comprehensive set of HR services: from staffing, training and coaching to strategic workforce planning in hotels and restaurants of high standards, both in Greece and abroad.
What is it that makes us stand out? The placement and training of employees in a working environment that #protects, #guides and #inspires each person’s development. We are the “wise step” for a career in Hospitality and Catering. We are Stepwise!
As a Restaurant Manager you put your personal stamp on each restaurant, acting as a representative of the business (Hotel/Restaurant/Brand). Your responsibility is to welcome the customers warmly and gracefully, offering information and guidance regarding the menu or the reservations. You are also responsible for the organisation of seating and spaces, the flawless coordination of serving tasks and the overall supervision of the restaurant employees. You participate in the preparation of the menu in cooperation with the Chef and the Sommelier, in the recruitment of new people and in the training of existing human resources. In order to ensure the best customer experience, you handle complaints and reply to any questions asked. You work closely with Kitchen, Procurement and Management.
Professional qualifications & special skills
- Degree or Certification in hospitality & tourism or business administration or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel or high-end restaurant
- Excellent oral and written command of English and Greek. Do you know a second foreign language? This is a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite, POS and PDA
- Excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene regulations (HACCP)
- Excellent knowledge of finance and arithmetic
- Ability to work under pressure, in a standing position and multi-tasking
- Dedicated team player, team spirit.
Your personality is an asset. When determining employee selection criteria, Stepwise HR specialists use elements of your personality that complement your professional skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Good-natured acceptance of feedback by management or colleagues and creative utilisation of the relevant remarks or information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listening
- Work ethics
And if you get the job? What will you have to do?
If you are selected for an interview, you will be fully informed of your duties through the detailed Job Description that we will share with you.
What are the rewards?
- The most rewarding remuneration possible
- Excellent accommodation conditions during the season
- Provision of rest days (days off)
- We place you in a dynamic, friendly and supportive work environment
- We ensure your ongoing training
- Do not forget! with your application you become a member of the great community of Stepwise.
What about the contract?
This specific job involves an annual contract.
Stepwise strictly applies a non-discrimination, transparent policy as regards candidate selection. Regardless of your colour, race, origin, gender, age or sexual orientation, we urge you to submit your CV for this job position.