Type of BusinessHotels & Resorts
Who We Are
We offer a comprehensive set of HR services: from staffing, training and coaching to strategic workforce planning in hotels and restaurants of high standards, both in Greece and abroad.
What is it that makes us stand out? The placement and training of employees in a working environment that #protects, #guides and #inspires each person’s development. We are the “wise step” for a career in Hospitality and Catering. We are Stepwise!
As a Captain you organize and supervise the daily operation of the Restaurant and Bar, occasionally undertaking hands-on tasks such as serving products or customer service. You are also responsible for selecting, training and guiding the main and auxiliary workforce of the Restaurant/Bar. You supervise all tasks to ensure high quality of service, compliance with health protocols and/or hotel regulations and, of course, optimal customer experience. You provide information to customers and you are present in order to resolve any question or complaint they may have. You are actively involved in tasks such as stock control, checking transactions (receipts, payments), equipment maintenance and replacement. In the context of your job, you also create and monitor the dining area shifts schedule. You cooperate with the Kitchen, particularly the Executive Chef, the Procurement Manager, the Restaurant Manager and the Hotel Management.
Professional qualifications & special skills
- Degree or Certification in hospitality & tourism or business administration or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel or high-end restaurant
- Excellent oral and written command of English and Greek. Do you know a second foreign language? This is a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite, POS and PDA
- Excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene regulations (HACCP)
- Excellent knowledge of the field of Food and Beverage, including serving techniques, service policies per customer profile, fine dining, wine, etc.
- Proven experience in mobilizing and guiding employees (training/coaching)
- Excellent knowledge of the process of selecting and hiring candidates for Restaurant and Bar.
Your personality is an asset. When determining employee selection criteria, Stepwise HR specialists use elements of your personality that complement your professional skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Good-natured acceptance of feedback by management or colleagues and creative utilisation of the relevant remarks or information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listening
- Work ethics
And if you get the job? What will you have to do?
If you are selected for an interview, you will be fully informed of your duties through the detailed Job Description that we will share with you.
What are the rewards?
- The most rewarding remuneration possible
- Excellent accommodation & food conditions
- Provision of rest days (days off)
- We place you in a dynamic, friendly and supportive work environment
- We ensure your ongoing training
- Do not forget! with your application you become a member of the great community of Stepwise.
What about the contract?
This specific job involves a seasonal contract.
Stepwise strictly applies a non-discrimination, transparent policy as regards candidate selection. Regardless of your colour, race, origin, gender, age or sexual orientation, we urge you to submit your CV for this job position.