Hotel Operations Manager
Type of BusinessHotels & Resorts
Who We Are
We offer a comprehensive set of HR services: from staffing, training and coaching to strategic workforce planning in hotels and restaurants of high standards, both in Greece and abroad.
What is it that makes us stand out? The placement and training of employees in a working environment that #protects, #guides and #inspires each person’s development. We are the “wise step” for a career in Hospitality and Catering. We are Stepwise!
As a Hotel Manager, you supervise vertically the daily activities and operations of all hotel departments, based on the respective objectives set. You plan or adjust responsibilities, participate in decisions to recruit new staff and rationally assign tasks to each manager or department. You manage and analyze budgets and other financial data and, in cooperation with the rest of the management, take corrective action, if required, in order to achieve the hotel’s financial objectives (profit margin, rational control of expenses, increase in turnover, etc.). In cooperation with the marketing department or external partners, you contribute to the development of an effective marketing & communication strategy, both inside (internal branding) as well as outside the company.
At the same time, you research the domestic market for opportunities and/or risks, also monitoring industry trends. In your role, you also oversee issues related to the maintenance of equipment and facilities, the warehouse and materials, the proper management of stocks, the observance of quality standards (ISO or other) and health protocols, as well as the resolution of customer complaints. When making decisions, you also rely on a creative analysis of the reports of individual departments and you have a key role in decision-making in order to help form an excellent image of the company towards its customers (branding). You cooperate with the managers of each Hotel department and you work very closely with the Management, to which you regularly deliver reports.
Professional qualifications & special skills
- University Degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration and postgraduate degree in a related field
- At least 10 years’ previous experience in hotels or other businesses in the Tourism and Hospitality sector, of which 5 years as General Manager. Work experience in tourism organizations with international activities will be assessed favorably
- Proven experience in decision-making and the ability to adapt decision to new facts, resolving problems and following up strategic actions until their completion
- Long experience in managing people and teams
- Broad knowledge of finance (models, indicators, interpretation of financial reports and data, etc.).
Your personality is an asset. When determining employee selection criteria, Stepwise HR specialists use elements of your personality that complement your professional skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Active listening
- Work ethics
- Ingenuity and flexibility in decision-making
- Personality that inspires teams, subordinates, partners
- Negotiation skills.
And if you get the job? What will you have to do?
If you are selected for an interview, you will be fully informed of your duties through the detailed Job Description that we will share with you.
What are the rewards?
- The most rewarding remuneration possible
- Excellent accommodation and food conditions during the season
- Provision of rest days (days off)
- We place you in a dynamic, friendly and supportive work environment
- We ensure your ongoing training
- Do not forget! with your application you become a member of the great community of Stepwise.
What about the contract?
This specific job involves an annual contract.
Stepwise strictly applies a non-discrimination, transparent policy as regards candidate selection. Regardless of your colour, race, origin, gender, age or sexual orientation, we urge you to submit your CV for this job position.