Type of BusinessHotels & Resorts
Who We Are
We offer a comprehensive set of HR services: from staffing, training and coaching to strategic workforce planning in hotels and restaurants of high standards, both in Greece and abroad.
What is it that makes us stand out? The placement and training of employees in a working environment that #protects, #guides and #inspires each person’s development. We are the “wise step” for a career in Hospitality and Catering. We are Stepwise!
As a Second Cook (Commis II) in a Hotel or Restaurant, you prepare “the kitchen”, checking the adequacy and suitability of the materials and the functionality of the equipment for the preparation of the daily menu. You usually handle hot appetizers, grilled dishes and garnishes. Your job is to carefully check the progress of your preparations (temperatures, boiling points, baking times, etc.). The proper sterilization and hygiene of worktops and surfaces, the use of clean and appropriate utensils and other equipment, the excellent preservation of raw materials or preliminary preparations and the control of inventory related to your preparations are also part of your responsibilities. You work in harmony with your colleagues in the Kitchen department and the Warehouse, under the guidance of the Chef and/or the Sous Chef/Commis I (first Cook).
Professional qualifications & special skills
- Culinary degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel or in a well-known restaurant
- Excellent oral command of English and Greek. Do you know a second foreign language? This is a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene regulations (HACCP)
- Well-organized work and a constantly alert mentality
- Good physical condition and physical endurance (standing posture, etc.)
Your personality is an asset. When determining employee selection criteria, Stepwise HR specialists use elements of your personality that complement your professional skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Good-natured acceptance of feedback by management or colleagues and creative utilisation of the relevant remarks or information
- Constantly alert and multi-tasking mindset
- Active listening
- Work ethics
And if you get the job? What will you have to do?
If you are selected for an interview, you will be fully informed of your duties through the detailed Job Description that we will share with you.
What are the rewards?
- The most rewarding remuneration possible
- Excellent accommodation & food conditions
- We place you in a dynamic, friendly and supportive work environment
- We ensure your ongoing training
- Do not forget! with your application you become a member of the great community of Stepwise.
What about the contract?
This specific job involves a seasonal contract.
Stepwise strictly applies a non-discrimination, transparent policy as regards candidate selection. Regardless of your colour, race, origin, gender, age or sexual orientation, we urge you to submit your CV for this job position.